Discount – Looking to try yoga? Green Card holders can purchase a one month trial membership at any Zev Yoga Studio for only $25! Annual memberships start at $25/month for new members and $40/month for returning members as well!
Dollar Discount – Dollar Discount - Regular one month membership is $80 - save $55!
16 Market Square (Portsmouth); 175 Water Street (Exeter); 1 Webb Place (Dover)603.501.9292 email@example.com http://www.zevyoga.com
Owner and instructor Jonas Amberger founded Zev Yoga in 2006. He’s been practicing Yoga since 1993 and became an instructor in 1997. Jonas has been teaching the ancient traditions of Ashtanga yoga to Seacoast residents for over 10 years. Ashtanga Yoga is a method that involves synchronizing the breath with a progressive series of postures—a process producing intense internal heat and a profuse, purifying sweat that detoxifies muscles and organs. The result is improved circulation, a light and strong body, and a calm mind.
Jonas also received a degree in Ayurvedic medicine at Sanskrit University in India and lived there for four months. Ayurveda is a holistic system of healing which evolved among the Brahmin sages of ancient India about 3000 to 5000 years ago. It focuses on establishing and maintaining balance of the life energies within us, rather than focusing on individual symptoms. Jonas was able to learn with a hands on approach at the hospital he studied at in India. He currently gives free consultations in Ayurvedic medicine to his clients. This form of healing has the same holistic approach that Jonas takes with his classes and life in general.
Check out Zev Yoga on Facebook!
Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Emphasizes a traditionally-rooted, holistically-minded approach to yoga which promotes overall health – the “sustainability” of the individual
- Has made quality yoga affordable to all with a monthly unlimited rate that is roughly half that of all other Portsmouth-based studios
- Uses studio as community space, offering it for gatherings, educational events and workshops
Read Full Evaluation »
In the News
- Flexibility and Community Keep Classes Full for Local Fitness Businesses
- Zev Yoga Opens In Exeter
- Meet a Green Business: Zev Yoga
- It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box
- Green Tips: Zev Yoga
- Gift-Giving ROI: It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box by Shopping Local and Green This Holiday Season.
- Gift-Giving ROI: It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box by Shopping Local and Green
- For Zev Yoga, Sustainability Extends Far Beyond Business Practices
- Exeter's Green Gravity
- Exeter Leads the Way in Region’s New Sustainable Economy
- Exeter Helps Promote Green Growth
- Contemporary Artistic Collaboration Raises Aesthetics of its Constituent Parts
- ALIVE! event to help Ali Goodwin in fight against breast cancer