Visions Kitchens & Design
Discount – Now through January 1st, save 15% on all cabinets, countertops, and other qualifying products! Also, Visions will give a portion of the proceeds to The Blue Ocean Society!
Dollar Discount – Save hundreds of dollars!
Launched in late 2010 by partners Nathan Johnson and Ernest Proper, Visions Kitchens and Design is a full-on kitchen design company specializing in cabinets, countertops, closet systems, and much more. Johnson, who received a degree in interior design from Hesser College – where he focused on sustainable design – has certificates from the National Kitchen and Bath Association, as well as more than 7 years of design experience. After years working for other companies in the field, last year he decided to open his own operation. Vision’s approach encompasses every step of the design process, assuring that your new kitchen, bath, library, fireplace or home office fits seamlessly within the overall feel of the room within your home.
Visions emphasizes an impressive amount of green initiatives and approaches, including: partnering with sources who practice sustainable harvesting; making use of bamboo and other “green” wood products; featuring low or no VOC paints, stains and finishes; utilizing reclaimed or recycled cabinet and countertop materials, as well as specializing in design techniques which can help the owner receive points towards LEED certification. And, because they don’t operate a traditional showroom, their business saves an incredible amount of resources and energy, helping keep their carbon footprint at a minimum. What’s more, Johnson has in the past worked with a number of GA Business Partners, including Ridgeview Construction and Little Green Homes, lending his design and cabinet-making expertise to put the green finishing touches on a number of green-oriented and LEED certified projects.
More recently, Visions has begun to assert itself as a go-to, one-stop green building and supply vendor, offering hyper efficient Rais stoves (wood, pellet, and gas) as well as Vermont Natural Coatings. Going forward, the team intends to continue responding to customer demand in offering even more green products, and in a much more personal manner than what you're likely to find at bigger building and supply stores.
On top of growing a green-focused business in the midst of a tough economy, Johnson and Proper donate time and materials to communities and various charitable organizations. The Native-American and veteran-owned Visions is also a proud member of the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA), and both Johnson and Proper are active in the Native American community.
Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Offer products sourced from companies which practice sustainable harvesting
- Specialize in low or no VOC products
- Products include bamboo and other sustainable woods
- Because they don't have a traditional showroom, their business has much smaller carbon footprint
- Make use of reclaimed or recycled cabinet or countertop materials
- Design expetrise utilized to achieve points towards LEED certification
- Offers super efficient Rais wood, pellet, and gas stoves
- Offers products from Vermont Natural Coatings, a locally-owned, green company
In the News
- Wateca Teaches Ownership of Environmental Stewardship
- Visions Kitchens, ZESstudio Show The Barter Side Of The Green Alliance
- Visions Kitchens takes recession in stride, offers affordable remodel options
- Visions Kitchens Broadens Green Offerings
- Visions Kitchen and Blue Ocean Society team up, Honor the Ocean
- November Brings New Showroom, Third Green Designer for Visions Kitchens
- Looking beyond the bottom line with Visions Kitchens
- Local kitchen design company ties green ethos to Lakota heritage
- Local Green Kitchen Designer Needs Help Getting Her Champion Dogsled Team to Alaska
- Local green economy on the rise in spite of economic challenges
- Local green businesses partner for April 15 beach cleanup
- Local Businesses, Community Celebrate Earth Day By Giving Back To Seacoast
- Last Living Navajo Code Talker to Share His Story
- Kitchen Design Company Ties Lakota Heritage to ‘Green’ Practices
- Green Tips from Visions Kitchens & Design
- Green firms buck trend in 2011
- Green Family Festival July 31
- Designers Discuss The Importance of Web Sites & Social Media
- Creative Visions: Looking Beyond the Bottom Line with Visions Kitchens
- Black Thunder Singers Win 2011 Native American
- Bailey ready to mush with the best