Before becoming Ultra Geothermal nearly three years ago, Ultra Heating and Cooling was just a conventional HVAC heating and cooling company that also happened to install geothermal systems. After selling their first system nearly 12 years ago, the company soon found themselves installing upwards of 150 to 200 systems a year throughout New Hampshire. In response to this very clear growing demand, Ultra decided to become a geothermal-exclusive company. Since then, Ultra has helped install more than 600 systems in New Hampshire alone, including 148(this is only 48) at the brand new UNH dorms this past summer.
Owner Melissa Aho maintains that, while geothermal has certainly become more popular in recent years, the technology has always been and in many ways remains price indicative. That is: you often have to pay more up front in order to see greater savings down the road.
“As a company, we feel customers come to you and want to pay for the best service and quality possible,” says Aho. “We felt the only way to achieve that was to focus solely on geothermal, in short because everything else – and especially oil – was becoming so volatile and unpredictable.”
As far as energy sources are concerned, geothermal remains one of the cleanest and most efficient available. The best part: you don’t need to live in Iceland for your property to be geothermal-friendly. While certainly complex, the systems actually require very little in the way of materials, and in most cases existing property sites have all the water necessary to make the system function. Ultra even offers classes and tutorial sessions about their systems to the public free of charge.
What makes us green?
• Provides geothermal energy products and services that are up to 4 or 5 times as efficient as standard heating oil, making it one of the most long-term cost-efficient energy solutions anywhere
• Utilizes cutting edge, state-of-the-art technologies and techniques to provide a clean fuel that not only heats safely and efficiently, but saves your household significant amounts of money in the long-term.
• Participated in LEED certification program through the Jordan Institute
• Are proud members of NH Sustainability Association
• Heat pumps are Energy Star certifie
In the News
- Frugal Consumers Opt to Harness Earth's Warmth to Heat (and Cool) Their Homes
- Green Collar Careers: Ultra Geothermal President Melissa Aho
- Green Alliance Home Demonstrates Synergy Between Solar, Geothermal
- GA welcomes community members and businesses to renewable energy forum
- GA businesses hope overtures on climate change don’t amount to lip service
- EcoMovement, Ultra Geothermal earn Lean & Green Awards