TVC Systems is a Portsmouth-based control and information systems integration company specializing in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. What exactly is an SCADA system? In a nutshell, they provide a way to adjust and monitor combined on-site energy systems for power plants, boiler plants, utility plants, and other energy centers and buildings across sectors and industries, in the process helping them be more efficient.
Originally founded in1966 as Nels Tyring & Associates, Inc, TVC was established for the purpose of marketing industrial products to the manufacturing and process industries. In 1972 the company became involved in the application of programmable system controllers, and has in the decades since broadened their services to include the study, design, installation, and maintenance of co-generation and tri-generation, or CHP, systems – everything from steam boilers and turbines to combustion turbines and reciprocating engines, in all their combined uses.
CHP reduces air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions; requires less fuel to produce a given energy output; avoids transmission and distribution losses that occur when electricity travels over power lines; provides high-quality electricity and thermal energy to a site regardless of what might occur on the power grid, decreasing the impact of outages and improving power quality for sensitive equipment. In many cases, energy produced can also be sold back to the local utility supplier. In January 2009, TVC Systems was recognized by the EPA / CHP Partnership for their participation in 11 successfully implemented and completed CHP projects, resulting in significant power efficiencies and emission reductions.
CHP is not a single technology, but an integrated energy system that can be modified depending upon the needs of the energy end user, and has been successfully implemented in a wide variety facilities around the world, including industrial manufacturers and processing facilities, colleges and universities, hospitals, military bases, hotels, airports, schools, and office buildings.
TVC’s motto is simple: “On-line, On Time, Within Budget, and Right the First Time.” The motto evolved into a continuing company creed during this early period and is a basic part of the company’s culture to this very day, contributing to both satisfied customers as well as important affiliations with the top names in control, software and computing vendors.
Check out TVC Systems on Facebook!
What makes us green?
- Help research, design, install, and maintain co-generation systems that are more energy efficient
- CHP reduces air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions
- Systems requires less fuel to produce a given energy output
- Net energy produced by the system can also be sold back to the local utility supplier
- Recognized by the EPA / CHP Partnership for their participation in 11 successfully implemented and completed CHP projects, resulting in significant power efficiencies and emission reductions.
In the News
- TVC Systems: Doing essential 'down and dirty' work
- TVC Systems Helps Make UMass Medical School Campus
- Meet a Green Alliance Business: TVC Systems
- Local Company Helps Rockingham County Find Energy, Fiscal Savings
- Huge Wind System Online Thanks to Seacoast Company
- Gloucester erects 4-megawatt wind system thanks to help from Portsmouth company
- Editorial: Sen. Fuller Clark right to oppose solar project funds