Simply Green Biofuels
Simply Green is a trailblazer, bringing transformative and meaningful greener fuel choices to the Seacoast. Launched in a Stratham, New Hampshire farmhouse in 2007, the company has since grown to become one of the Seacoast's most iconic symbols of green progress, offering locally-harnessed, 100% waste vegetable bioheat and biodiesel as an alternative to standard #2 home heating oil and petroleum diesel. Not only do the company's biofuels help you significantly reduce your CO2 emissions and other pollutants; they're also biodegradable and nontoxic. A typical household using Bioheat can reduce their CO2 emissions by close to 15% and particulate pollution by 20% -- emitting 3,200 lbs less CO2 annually. A diesel vehicle using biodiesel emits 2,400 lbs less CO2 annually.
Thanks in large part to their forthcoming Biofuels storage in North Hampton, biodiesel is poised to be readily available to even more Seacoast residents. Emiting a mere 7.6 pounds of C02 per gallon -- a 68 percent reduction in C02 over petrodiesel -- Biodiesel and Bioheat can be run with little to no modifications to diesel vehicles and oil burning furnaces.
By fostering an educational missio, to create awareness on the Seacoast of alternative energies, Simply Green has become a sustainability staple. Named among the Hottest Companies in BioEnergy worldwide, Simply Green -- seven years and millions of gallons after its initial founding -- remains a family-owned and operated business, with deep ties to the community within which they live and work.
What makes us green?
- Bioheat significantly reduces CO2 emissions and other pollutants as compared to fossil fuels, it is free of sulfur and aromatics and is biodegradable and nontoxic
- A typical household using Bioheat will reduce CO2 emissions by 15% and particulate pollution by 20% -- emitting 3,200 lbs less CO2 annually.
- A diesel vehicle using Biodiesel will emit 2,400 lbs less CO2 annually.
- Bioheat and Biodiesel can be run with little to no modifications and costs the same or less than standard home heating oil.
- Biodiesel emits 7.6 pounds of C02 per gallon, for a 68 percent reduction in C02 over petrodiesel.
- SG uses only locally-rendered waste vegetable oil
- American sourcing also cuts down on the transportation of the fuel (with much of petroleum coming from the Middle East)
- Donates time and product to countless environmental and community events.
- Their creative marketing has generated media attention about the many issues surrounding alternative fuel choices, and elevated the fuel efficiency/pollution discussion to an everyday topic.
- SG offsets its petroleum portion of fuel burned in deliveries with carbon credits purchased from CARBONFREEDOM, making all their deliveries carbon neutral
- Use recycled paper in the office and on promotional material and organic cotton for company hats, t-shirts and sweatshirts.
- SG recycles and has switched to corn-based biobags for fuel bills.
In the News
- Simply Green's B20 heating oil better, greener than ever
- Simply Green and Lamprey Energy Join Forces
- Zero Waste Portsmouth to Roll Out Recycling Stations
- UNH Wildcats go green: Football fans asked to be eco-friendly
- The Path to Greener Purchasing: Seven ways your company can go green and save money
- Simply Green, Aid Agency Team up to Provide Fuel
- Simply Green to provide biodiesel for all Portsmouth school buses
- Simply Green Set For Expansion
- Simply Green gas station celebrates grand opening
- Simply Green Biofuels moves from Dover to Regeneration Park
- Regeneration Park, 'Simply Green' idea: Firm to craft Zero Energy Building
- Rain Garden Just One of The Many Green Features for Regeneration Park
- NH's Green Alliance Celebrates Two Years of Doing Business
- Local Firms Host 'Green Business Symposium'
- Local Energy Purveyors Offer Alternative Home Heating Options
- Labor Secretary gives praise to Portsmouth green project
- Isles of Shoals’ Thomas Laighton Receives First Biodiesel Fill-up
- Green Tips: Joel Bobbett of Simply Green Biofuels
- Green on white Firms tackle winter clean-up without sacrificing environment
- Green jobs help drive the area's economy
- Green firms walk the walk
- Green firms buck trend in 2011
- Green Expo featured in the Portsmouth Herald
- Green Alliance's Message to Washington Generates Response
- Green Alliance Hits the Century Mark
- Green Alliance celebrates two years of growth, bringing together green consumers and commerce
- Green Alliance Businesses donate time and services on Arbor Day
- GA welcomes community members and businesses to renewable energy forum
- From run-down to regenerated: Simply Green springs up park with rain garden
- Festival Getting Greener
- Dover GA Businesses get a visit from Congresswoman Carol Shea Porter
- Built to Last
- Bring on the rain
- Boosting Biofuels
- 7 more city businesses sign on to Zero Waste effort