Simply Green Biofuels
Discount – GA members get 10¢ off every gallon of B5 or B20 heating oil! SG customers who use Yankee Thermal Imaging get access to a half-price energy assessment and credit towards their next SG fill up; email email@example.com to learn more.
Dollar Discount – save up to $100 based on the $.10 per gallon discount. SG customers save $150 off an energy audit with YTI.
63 Atlantic Ave, North Hampton, NH603.firstname.lastname@example.org://www.simplygreenbiofuels.com
Simply Green is an environmental leader bringing transformative and meaningful green energy to the seacoast of New Hampshire and southern Maine. Launched in a Stratham, N.H. farmhouse in 2007, Simply Green has grown to become one of the most iconic companies of local green progress, offering Bioheat for heat and hot water as well as biodiesel for truck fleets. Simply Green's biofuels are made from 100% recycled waste vegetable-based cooking oil. The company uses two regional refineries: White Mountain Biodiesel of North Haverhill, N.H. and Maine Standard Biofuels of Portland, Maine. Bioheat and biodiesel are the clean alternatives to conventional #2 fuel oil and petroleum-based diesel fuel. They help to significantly reduce CO2 emissions by a minimum of 15% and particulate pollutants by 20%.
B100 is biodegradable and non-toxic. Blends of B5 and B20 can be used without modifications to diesel engines or oil-burning heat and hot-water systems. Thanks in large part to the Biofuels storage in North Hampton, biodiesel is readily available to Seacoast-area residents. Emitting a mere 7.6 pounds of CO2 per gallon - a 68% reduction in CO2 over petrodiesel.
Simply Green’s mission is to foster awareness and educate the people of New Hampshire and Maine about all the alternative energy choices available. After seven years and millions of gallons, the family-owned and operated company with deep ties in the community remains a leader in reducing our dependence on foreign oil with a cleaner local alternative.
Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Bioheat significantly reduces CO2 emissions and other pollutants as compared to fossil fuels, it is free of sulfur and aromatics and is biodegradable and nontoxic.
- A typical household using Bioheat will reduce CO2 emissions by 15% and particulate pollution by 20%.
- A diesel vehicle using Biodiesel will emit 2,400 lbs less CO2 annually.
- Bioheat and biodiesel can be used with no modifications and the cost is the same as for standard home heating oil and diesel fuel.
- Biodiesel emits 7.6 lbs of CO2 per gallon, for a 68% reduction in CO2 over petrodiesel.
- Simply Green uses only refined locally-rendered waste vegetable oil.
- American sourcing also cuts down on the transportation of the fuel (with much of petroleum coming from the Middle East).
- Donates time and product to countless environmental and community events.
- Their creative marketing has generated media attention about the many issues surrounding alternative fuel choices, and elevated the fuel efficiency/pollution discussion to an everyday topic.
Read Full Evaluation »
In the News
- A Popular Energy Collaboration
- UNH Wildcats go green: Football fans asked to be eco-friendly
- The Path to Greener Purchasing: Seven ways your company can go green and save money
- Simply Green, Aid Agency Team up to Provide Fuel
- Simply Green's B20 heating oil better, greener than ever
- Simply Green to provide biodiesel for all Portsmouth school buses
- Simply Green Set For Expansion
- Simply Green gas station celebrates grand opening
- Simply Green Biofuels moves from Dover to Regeneration Park
- Simply Green and Lamprey Energy Join Forces
- Regeneration Park, 'Simply Green' idea: Firm to craft Zero Energy Building
- Rain Garden Just One of The Many Green Features for Regeneration Park
- NH's Green Alliance Celebrates Two Years of Doing Business
- Meet a Green Alliance Business
- Local Firms Host 'Green Business Symposium'
- Local Energy Purveyors Offer Alternative Home Heating Options
- Labor Secretary gives praise to Portsmouth green project
- Isles of Shoals’ Thomas Laighton Receives First Biodiesel Fill-up
- Green Tips: Joel Bobbett of Simply Green Biofuels
- Green on white Firms tackle winter clean-up without sacrificing environment
- Green firms walk the walk
- Green Expo featured in the Portsmouth Herald
- Green Alliance's Message to Washington Generates Response
- Green Alliance Hits the Century Mark
- Green Alliance celebrates two years of growth, bringing together green consumers and commerce
- Green Alliance Businesses donate time and services on Arbor Day
- GA welcomes community members and businesses to renewable energy forum
- From run-down to regenerated: Simply Green springs up park with rain garden
- Festival Getting Greener
- Dover GA Businesses get a visit from Congresswoman Carol Shea Porter
- Built to Last
- Bring on the rain
- Boosting Biofuels
- 7 more city businesses sign on to Zero Waste effort