Simply Green Biofuels
Simply Green is an environmental leader bringing green energy to the seacoast of New Hampshire and southern Maine. Launched in a Stratham, NH, farmhouse in 2007, Simply Green has grown to become an iconic company of local green progress, offering Bioheat for heat and hot water and Biodiesel for commercial trucks – such as the fleets run by Oakhurst Dairy and PSNH. Unlike many fuel companies offering Bioheat, Simply Green mixes their Bioheat on-site using B100 made from 100% recycled waste vegetable-based cooking oil. Not only that, but their B100 comes from two regional refineries: White Mountain Biodiesel of North Haverhill, NH, and Maine Standard Biofuels of Portland, ME. And Simply Green’s Bioheat is no more expensive than comparable #2 fuel oil sold by competitors.
Bioheat and Biodiesel are the clean alternatives to conventional #2 fuel oil and petroleum-based diesel fuel. They help to reduce CO2 emissions by a minimum of 15% and particulate pollutants by 20%. Greenhouse gas emissions for B100 can be up to 52% lower than those of petro-diesel.
B100 is biodegradable and non-toxic. Blends of up to B20 (20% biofuel to 80% #2 fuel oil) can be used without modifications to oil-burning heat and hot-water systems, and diesel engines. Simply Green’s mission is to foster awareness and educate the people of New Hampshire and Maine about all the alternative energy choices available. After eight years and millions of gallons, the family-owned and operated company with deep ties in the community remains a leader in reducing our dependence on foreign oil with a cleaner local recycled alternative.
Check out Simply Green Biofuels on Facebook!
What makes us green?
- Bioheat significantly reduces CO2 emissions and other pollutants as compared to fossil fuels, it is free of sulfur and aromatics and is biodegradable and nontoxic.
- A typical household using Bioheat will reduce CO2 emissions by 15% and particulate pollution by 20%.
- A diesel vehicle using Biodiesel will emit 2,400 lbs less CO2 annually.
- Bioheat and biodiesel can be used with no modifications and the cost is the same as for standard home heating oil and diesel fuel.
- Biodiesel emits 7.6 lbs of CO2 per gallon, for a 68% reduction in CO2 over petrodiesel.
- Simply Green uses only refined locally-rendered waste vegetable oil.
- American sourcing also cuts down on the transportation of the fuel (with much of petroleum coming from the Middle East).
- Donates time and product to countless environmental and community events.
- Their creative marketing has generated media attention about the many issues surrounding alternative fuel choices, and elevated the fuel efficiency/pollution discussion to an everyday topic.
Read Full Evaluation »
In the News
- Warming Up to Winter
- UNH Wildcats go green: Football fans asked to be eco-friendly
- The Path to Greener Purchasing: Seven ways your company can go green and save money
- Simply Green, Aid Agency Team up to Provide Fuel
- Simply Green's B20 heating oil better, greener than ever
- Simply Green to provide biodiesel for all Portsmouth school buses
- Simply Green Set For Expansion
- Simply Green gas station celebrates grand opening
- Simply Green Biofuels moves from Dover to Regeneration Park
- Simply Green and Lamprey Energy Join Forces
- Regeneration Park, 'Simply Green' idea: Firm to craft Zero Energy Building
- Rain Garden Just One of The Many Green Features for Regeneration Park
- NH's Green Alliance Celebrates Two Years of Doing Business
- Meet a Green Alliance Business
- Local Firms Host 'Green Business Symposium'
- Labor Secretary gives praise to Portsmouth green project
- It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box
- Isles of Shoals’ Thomas Laighton Receives First Biodiesel Fill-up
- Green Tips: Joel Bobbett of Simply Green Biofuels
- Green on white Firms tackle winter clean-up without sacrificing environment
- Green firms walk the walk
- Green Expo featured in the Portsmouth Herald
- Green Alliance's Message to Washington Generates Response
- Green Alliance Hits the Century Mark
- Green Alliance celebrates two years of growth, bringing together green consumers and commerce
- Green Alliance Businesses donate time and services on Arbor Day
- Gift-Giving ROI: It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box by Shopping Local and Green This Holiday Season.
- Gift-Giving ROI: It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box by Shopping Local and Green
- GA welcomes community members and businesses to renewable energy forum
- From run-down to regenerated: Simply Green springs up park with rain garden
- Festival Getting Greener
- Dover GA Businesses get a visit from Congresswoman Carol Shea Porter
- Combating Rising Fuel Prices and Staying Environmentally Conscious
- Built to Last
- Bring on the rain
- Boosting Biofuels
- Biofuel Firm Partners with Energy Auditing Company
- A Popular Energy Collaboration
- 7 more city businesses sign on to Zero Waste effort