Seacoast Media Group
As publisher of the daily Portsmouth Herald, tri-weekly Exeter Newsletter and weekly Hampton Union, York County Coast Star, and York Weekly, Seacoast Media Group is known for providing in depth coverage of local, national and global environmental issues. For more than 15 years, the company’s website -SeacoastOnline.com - has provided readers with a paperless way to enjoy that same great coverage, along with all the latest community news, from sports to business.
Beyond covering green news, Seacoast Media Group is changing the way newspapers get printed and delivered locally in ways that benefit the environment and human health. They have eliminated harmful Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) from the printing process, print newspapers on post-consumer recycled paper, and make use of soy-based ink. Seacoast Media Group now delivers The Boston Globe, Financial Times, Foster’s Daily Democrat, Union Leader, USA Today, and The Wall Street Journal locally, eliminating once costly delivery route overlap while conserving fossil fuels and reducing tailpipe emissions. Since joining the Green Alliance, the company turned a shade greener by starting to deliver their newspapers in biodegradable plastic bags. Even before that, subscribers were encouraged to bring their used newspaper bags to the grocery store for recycling.
Check out Seacoast Media Group on Facebook!
Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Eliminated VOCs and all heavy metals from their printing processes
- Makes use of soy-based color inks
- Prints on post-consumer recycled paper
- Delivers newspapers in biodegradable bags
- Known as a reputable source for environmental news
- Facility on the Pease Tradeport incorporates numerous energy saving features
- Parent company, News Corporation, became first global media enterprise to go carbon neutral in 2010
- Plays an active role in advancing sustainability in Seacoast communities