Discount – Save 15% on normal weekday (Monday thru Thursday) 18-hole greenfees at both Sagamore Golf Club in North Hampton, as well as at the original Sagamore Spring Golf Club in Lynnfield, Massachusetts! Also receive a free small range bucket when you purchase a large range bucket, OR purchase 3 mini golf rounds and get the fourth free at Sagamore Golf Center!
Dollar Discount – Save $6 on a full 18-hole round! Save $7 on a small range bucket at the driving range! Save $7 on a round of mini golf!
101 North Road, North Hampton, NH (Sagamore-Hampton Golf Club); 22 North Road, North Hampton, NH (Sagamore Golf Center); 1287 Maine Street, Lynnfield, MA (Sagamore Springs)(603) firstname.lastname@example.org://www.sagamoregolf.com
The Green Alliance represents dozens of businesses, each of which tell their own unique “green story”. But few can tout green initiatives going back decades. Sagamore Golf Club is just that business.
Founded in 1929 by R.E. Luff in Lynnfield, Massachusetts, the original Sagamore Spring Golf Club was one of the first public golf courses ever in New England. After 33 years, R.E.’s son Richard opened a second location in North Hampton in 1962. Right off the bat, the younger Luff’s intention was to design and build a golf course using as few chemicals and hazardous materials as possible. In an era when every golf course saw it is as imperative to use any and every chemical possible to make their grounds more “competitive”, Sagamore has always used such measures as absolute last resorts.
Instead, Sagamore-Hampton makes use of all natural alternatives including soy bean seeds, granite dust, kelp, fisher mulch, and the like. According to owner Richard Luff, his course has seen much of the industry finally catch up with Sagamore’s long-standing ideal, providing more natural alternatives in the form of spreadable fertilizers.
In an effort to further improve the “green” quality of their grounds, Sagamore-Hampton has partnered with fellow GA Business Partner Purely Organic. Not only does Purely Organic supply much of the organic fertilizers and other materials for the course; they’ve also struck up a deal to render one hole completely organic, using absolutely no chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. According to Luff, if making that one hole completely green proves successful, Sagamore will pursue doing the same for the remaining 17 on the grounds.
On top of Sagamore’s flagship Lynnfield and North Hampton locations, the company also boasts a driving range, mini golf course, and one-hole practice center just down the road in North Hampton.
Check out Sagamore Golf on Facebook!
Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Goes out of their way to maintain greens and fairways using all natural products
- Partnering with Purely Organic on "One Hole Challenge", whereby the York-based organic lawn care company will render one hole at Sagamore Golf Club completely green. If that proves succesful, other holes will follow
- Offers some of the most affordable golf on the Seacoast, making them not only sustainability-minded, but sustainable on the wallet as well
- Have been using all natural methods since the 1970s, when the norm for the golf industry was heavy on chemicals
In the News
- A Sustainable Approach to Golf Course Management
- A Sustainable Approach to Golf Course Management
- FootGolf Gives Local Soccer Team Dynamic Edge
- Local Golf Course Engages in Groundbreaking Stormwater Management Lessening Environmental Impact To Great Bay
- Local Golf Course Works to Protect Great Bay
- Green Businesses Team Up to Take the Bite Out of Golf
- Green Businesses Take a 'Bite' Out of Golf
- Young Players Practice Year Round With Sagamore Golf
- These greens really are: Sagamore golf course embraces environmental management
- The Green Alliance, Connecting Golf & Hair Salon Businesses to Sustainability for Better Bottom-line Results
- Still golfing in February Sagamore Golf Club takes advantage of odd winter
- Sagamore Welcomes Families to Play Golf and Get to Know Each Other Again
- Sagamore Offers Community Family-Friendly Golf on Eco-Friendly Greens
- Sagamore Hampton Golf Club installs wind turbine
- North Hampton golf course drives for "green"
- My Dad was way ahead of the times with FootGolf
- Mild Winter Means More Time on Links for Local Golf Course
- Luff family golf has a 'green' wrinkle
- Green Tips from Sagamore Golf in North Hampton
- Green Family Festival July 31
- Green Collar Careers: Richard Luff, president of Sagamore Golf
- Golf club adds windmill Sagamore-Hampton turns windy location into energy saver
- Get Your Kicks with new sport FootGolf
- Get Your Green On
- FootGolf is alive and kicking
- Foot golf gaining popularity at Seacoast club
- Foot golf arrives on Seacoast
- Eco-Friendly Golf Course Kickstarts Foot Golf This Summer
- Driving to the "green": one family's three generation journey to change the way you think about golf
- Big bounces, no water hazards for Sagamore winter golfers
- Audubon Partnership the Latest in Local Golf Course's Green Push
- At Sagamore, Golf Truly a Year-Round Pastime