In an effort to help secure financing for larger scale projects – particularly for municipalities and public institutions -- Revolution Energy was launched in 2008. Revolution offers innovative financing packages that help reduce the up-front investment costs of alternative energy systems. In late 2009, Revolution directed their expertise to help finance and install the state’s largest solar array system at Exeter High School, a system which also boasted the state’s largest microcap turbine. Since then, Revolution has undertaken a number of similar projects in both New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
The financing model, at least on its face, was as obvious as it was ingenious. In fact, founder Clay Mitchell was shocked that no one was really doing it around these parts. "It's funny. We get this question all the time when we talk to people about what we do,” Mitchell exclaims. “They say, 'Why isn't everyone doing this?' And out only real answer is, ‘we don't know!' It’s truly baffling.”
Instead of being burdened with having to shell out 100% of the cost of a state-of-the-art solar array up front, now businesses and other entities could achieve their dreams of “going green” and only have to worry about paying the monthly bill. The whole arrangement makes what was once a pie-in-the-sky luxury for only the most fiscally unchained clients accessible to just about anyone.
They’ve also worked extensively with the New Hampshire Municipal Energy Assistance Program, which is slated to provide comprehensive energy audits to 48 municipalities throughout New Hampshire.
In 2009, Revolution was awarded a stipend through Green Launching Pad, a grant-oriented consortium which includes UNH, the state of New Hampshire, and the New Hampshire Climate Change Action Plan. The grant continues to help Revolution further bolster its operations, to better provide their unique range of services to an ever-broadening clientele.Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Provides a completely unique range of services and financing options for alternative energy systems
- Focused on bringing to life the largest alternative energy systems in the state, therefore providing the cleanest energy possible for the largest number of New Hampshire residents
- Helping to bring new understanding of energy to an ever-broadening clientele.
- Providing New Hampshire's aging building stock with new and innovative energy efficiency options.
In the News
- With New Solar Array, Revolution “Education” Comes Full Circle
- NHPR The Exchange: A Surge for Solar Power?
- Revolution Energy
- Green Industry Feels Sequestration Sting
- Green Collar Careers: Clay Mitchell, Co-Founder of Revolution Energy
- Teaming up to save energy: Local firms get funds to forge unions, find investors
- Somersworth food distributor turns solar power into refrigeration system
- Seacoast Students Spearhead Solar 'Revolution'
- Revolution Energy Wins Prestigious Green Award
- Revolution Energy installs 572-panel solar PV system on Favorite Foods distribution facility
- Renewable Energy Entrepreneur Talks Benefits, Challenges Of Going Green In N.H.
- Portsmouth students lead solar 'revolution'
- PHS Students Raising Funds To Go Solar
- Newmarket Considers Solar to Meet its Power Needs
- New Hampshire School Signs World's First Solar Hot Air Power Purchase Agreement to Reduce Heating Costs & C02 Emissions
- Local companies pitch to Entrepreneur Forum
- Labor Secretary gives praise to Portsmouth green project
- Green Tips: Revolution Energy
- Green Launching Pad names 5 winners
- Green Launching Pad Having an Impact
- Green firms walk the walk
- Green Collar Careers: Revolution Energy Founder Clay Mitchell
- Green Business Initiative Sees Rewards, But Faces Challenges
- Green Alliance's Message to Washington Generates Response
- Gov. Lynch, UNH President Huddleston announce companies chosen for Green Launching Pad
- Getting the Green to 'Go Green'
- Favorite Foods goes solar in big way
- Exeter High School Will Soon Have the State's Largest Solar Array
- Exeter High School Tests Solar Panels
- Dover Firm Leads Solar Hot Air "Revolution"
- Dover energy company sees future in new hot air technology
- Dover alternative energy firm's many projects include installing school solar energy system
- Behrmann Hopes PUC Board Yields Growth for NH’s Alternative Energy Sector