Portsmouth Atlantic Insurance
Discount – FREE tote bag for every policy purchased by GA Green Card holders! Also, any GA member who purchases a policy will have a tree planted on their behalf through plantabillion.org. Additionally, any GA Members who refers a friend will receive a $20 gift card to any GA Business!
601 Islington St, Suite 101, Portsmouth, NH603.431.4020 email@example.com://www.portsmouthatlanticins.com
Portsmouth Atlantic Insurance is an independent insurance agency which services New Hampshire, Maine & Massachusetts. After serving as a partner for another Salem-based insurance agency for 3 years, owner Jon Merwin decided to strike out on his own, and in 2008 opened his first office in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth Atlantic offers personal & commercial lines of insurance, along with life, auto, home and renters insurance, as well as health and inancial services. All told, Portsmouth Atlantic insures over 1,500 clients throughout the Seacoast, Maine and Massachusetts region. But while their first few years have indeed been a success, their real goal is to be the greenest insurance agency in the state.
Portsmouth Atlantic has been using a paperless agency management system since 2005. They also use 100% recycled paper, paper towels, and toilet paper, biodegradable plastic bags, as well as making use of 7th Generation cleaning products. They recycle extensively -- including all printer and toner cartridges -- and email upwards of 95% of their quotes to their customers. They also have impressive plans for the future, including incorporating soy-based inks, EnergyStar office equipment, chlorine free paper, and more.
Going forward, Portsmouth Atlantic hopes to provide Green Alliance members -- and Seacoast residents in general -- a local alternative to the big-box insurance companies, one that emphasizes quality service, a green outlook and full disclosure of their business practices.
Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Have been using a paperless management system since 2005.
- Digitizes all documents as PDFs.
- Use 100% recycled paper & paper towels.
- Office uses biodegradable plastic bags.
- Provides localized alternative to big-box insurance companies.
- All cleaning products are Seventh Generation.
- Use e-fax and email for 95% of their quotes.
- Render all of their documents to PDFs.
- When printing, PAI uses soy inks instead of petroleum-based inks.
- Have switched to fellow GA Business Partner RAM Printing for all their printing needs.
- Extensive in-office recycling program that includes proper disposal of ink toner and cartridges.
- Offers localized experience with options to suit the client's specific needs.
Read Full Evaluation »
In the News
- Meet a Green Alliance Business: Portsmouth Atlantic Insurance
- Turning White to Green: Spin Cabin Fever into Financial Gains
- The Paperless Approach
- Talented UNH Student Ensures Local Agency’s Success
- Portsmouth firm happy with its paperless approach
- Portsmouth Atlantic Insurance Give Clients Sustainable Option
- Insurance Agents of Change, and Savings
- Green Tips: Portsmouth Atlantic Insurance
- For Portsmouth Atlantic Insurance, charity more about faces than company names