Discount – 5% discount off all services and 1/2 off whitening for established patients. New patients holding a Green Card receive free exam and bitewing x-rays with a cleaning!
Dollar Discount – $112 value!
60 Exeter Road, Suite 105, Newmarket, NH, 03857(603)-firstname.lastname@example.org://www.newmarketdental.net
Describing how he came to be a “green dentist,” Dr. Nathan Swanson’s analogy is, for a lack of a better term, quite cinematic: “I started noticing how much garbage was piling up in the back of the medical complex just between a few offices,” Swanson explains. “And then I multiplied that out by the fact that there are 5 similar complexes in the city of Exeter alone. Then I multiplied that out by how many there were in the state, the country, the world. Basically it was like one of those scenes in the movie where the camera pans out Google Earth-style super far and you recognize and appreciate the true scope of the scene.”
For Swanson, who owns and runs Newmarket Dental in downtown Newmarket, the issue of waste was the first – and in some ways the easiest – step in becoming a truly green dentist. From here he began looking at the actual tools of the trade; the toothbrushes, floss, seat covers, and other dental ephemera familiar to most. He replaced the old toothbrushes with ones that are 100% recyclable and bio-degradable (from recycled Stonyfield yogurt cups); switched from plastic seat covers – used dry cleaning bags at one point – to corn-based slip covers; bid adieu to run-of-the-mill plastic cups in leiu of corn-based cups; and even switched to a dental floss whose container was recyclable. From here Dr. Swanson plans on exploring and hopefully soon incorporating larger, more significant changes, including: changing over to CFL lighting and heating the space with 100%, Simply Green biodiesel.Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Instead of using throw-away tools, utilizes re-usable implements which are then sterilized
- Takes a refreshing, holistic approach to preventative care not often seen in the dental business
- In the process of moving towards an entirely paper-less mail and billing system
- Offers biodegradable toothbrushes made from recycled plastic
- All rinsing cups are corn-based
- Seat covers are biodegradable
In the News
- Newmarket Dental Goes Green In Style
- Project E-cycle In Newmarket
- Newmarket's Green Dentist Offers Digital X-Rays
- Newmarket Dental Uses Green to Leverage Growth
- Newmarket Dental Uses Green As Leverage For Growth
- Newmarket Dental Leads the Way for Other Green Dentists
- New Hampshire Chronicle: NH Business that are going green
- Green Families Club Announces Fall Field Trip Schedule
- Green Alliance Hits the Century Mark
- Green Alliance continues to make gains
- Clean teeth, clean practice: Newmarket Dental joins Eco Dentistry Association