Discount – Up to 50% off recycling charges on electronics, including monitors, printers, faxes, copiers, and televisions, as well as FREE battery recycling!
Dollar Discount – Save $28.50 off a consumer recycling load of 10 batteries, 2 monitors, 1 printer, and 1 television!
18 South Hunt Road (Amesbury, MA), 29 Lafayette Road (North Hampton, NH)(855)firstname.lastname@example.org://www.metalwaveinc.co
Unfortunately, because a global market exists for e-waste components -- discarded, obsolete, or broken down electronic devices -- the United States often sends theirs to developing nations, where lax environmental standards of toxic substances lead to significant environmental degradation. Frequently, domestic e-waste handlers take the low-cost option and simply ship their waste overseas, polluting the environment because of primitive "recycling" technologies which focus on extracting metals, toners, and plastics from these components.
But a healthy, sustainable, local option exists. North Hampton-based MetalWave provides its business customers with a transparent, domestic, and cost-effective downstream for end-of-life recycling for a variety of e-waste, medical equipment, and even automotive electronics. Owner Brad Wiggin and Director of Sustainability Tom Sousa are both veterans of the asset recovery business, and their new venture promises their clients value, security, flexibility, and a wealth of experience. They are also completely committed to honesty, transparency, and integrity in the process -- which is far from a given in the often shady world of e-waste recycling.
Electronic waste (e-waste) consists of computer components, printers, televisions, cell phones, and much more. Because e-waste frequently contains hazardous contaminants such as lead, cadmium, mercury, and brominated flame retardants, there's a great deal of risk to human health and the environment when this material is sent to landfills, and even when the materials are recycled.
MetalWave follows strict guidelines to ensure the e-waste they handle is properly disassembled, shredded, and recycled by themselves or reputable domestic vendors who do not take shortcuts, cut corners, or export their waste to other countries - creating jobs in the U.S. while ensuring sustainability in the process.
Check out MetalWave Inc. on Facebook!
What makes us green?
- Responsibly recycled electronic and other waste that would otherwise end up in landfills, endangering the environment.
- Provides customers with transparent domestic downstream for end of life recycling.
- Program is as cost-effective as it is sustainable.
- Follows strict guidelines to ensure the e-waste is properly disassembled, shredded and recycled.
- ISO, OSHAS, Ban e-Steward and R2 certified.
- Provides customers with a transparent, domestic and cost-effective downstream for end-of-life recycling.
- Hosts town-wide recycling events throughout the seacoast region.
Read Full Evaluation »
In the News
- Local Businesses Team Up to Reduce E-Waste
- ‘Green’ alliance of tech company and recycler proves its mettle
- Weather Disasters Topic of Seminar
- Red Hook hosting electronics recycling event
- Recycle Your IT Waste the Environmental Way on May 17 in Hampton
- QA Cafe Teams with MetalWave, Green Alliance and More for eCycling Event in Portsmouth
- MetalWave, Inc. discusses solutions to sustainable e-waste disposal on WSCA Environment Show
- MetalWave keeps consumer electronics out of the ground
- MetalWave eCycling event with QA Cafe
- Metal Wave turns ugly e-waste business into something good
- Meet a Green Alliance Business: MetalWave, Inc.
- Local Tech Company Does Its Part to Protect Digital Information
- IT Recycling Company Finds Success at Portsmouth eCycling Event
- How and why to recycle Christmas e-waste
- Green Collar Carers: MetalWave co-founder Julie Wiggin
- Green businesses feting Earth Day
- Green Alliance's '5 Green Tips'
- Free e-waste recycling at Green Alliance office
- Environmental Recycling Event Opens to Residents of 10 New Hampshire Communities
- Electronic Waste Collection: Providing Free and Responsible Recycling of Your E-Waste
- Combining healing arts with business leadership