Hillary Gaynor EcoBroker and Realtor® Green
What could a realtor do to be green?
The answer is "A whole lot." Being as paperless as possible and keeping up on as much education as possible can distinguish a realtor for being green. But, there's more, a lot more. Becoming fully certified in LEED housing practices, attaining full designation as a Green Realtor ® and networking with clients and contractors to connect green businesses with potential customers make up just a sampling of what Hillary Gaynor, Green Realtor with the Bean Group, has done to become the go-to Realtor on the Seacoast for sustainability.
In all of her efforts for sustainability, education is the cornerstone. Hillary is up-to-date on all of the innovations in home construction and renovation to upgrade efficiency and utilize renewable resources. Alongside knowing the availability of those technologies, Hillary also educates the prospective homeowner about where those improvements could appear in a home or what energy-saving features the home already has. In fact, Hillary is the Seacoast's first certified "Green Realtor," a designation that she earned in Orlando, FL through the National Association of Realtors, joining only 230 other Realtors in the country with the distinction. The weeklong series of courses and exams earned her a spot in the Green Council of Realtors. Now, she passes along all the information she has gathered to buyers and sellers alike.
Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- LEED certified, certified EcoBroker and Realtor Green
- Education is a priority; up-to-date on all of the innovations in home construction and renovation to upgrade efficiency and utilize renewable resources.
- Educates the prospective homeowner about where those improvements could appear in a home or what energy-saving features the home already has.
- Educates buyers and sellers about the up sell value of renewables or efficiency measures in a home
- Carpools from a central location instead of taking separate vehicles.
- Conserves paper whenever possible, bringing spec-sheets to a property only if she knows that they won't be available at the site.
- All of the promotional material she prints is done through RAM Printing, an environmentally friendly printing operation.
- Volunteers regularly in the community
- Closing documents signed electronically as opposed to the long paper trail that ordinarily exists in at signing for any given property.