Healing Hands Community Chiropractic
Discount – New patients receive a FREE stainless steel water bottle! Also, receive a new patient consult and exam for just $10!
Dollar Discount – Save $15 on Healing Hands' already low "community rate" for an initial exam!
40 Pleasant Street (#206), Portsmouth, NH 03801 Portsmouth hours: Monday 3 to 6pm, Wednesday 10am to 1pm; 3 to 6pm, Friday 10am to firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.healinghandscc.org
Motivated by a desire to foster a business committed to “Wellness For All,” Dr. Jessica and Brian Caruso launched Healing Hands Chiropractic in 2006 in Londonderry, New Hampshire. Today, the 3,000 square foot space serves as a holistic health catch-all, offering services ranging from pregnancy, pediatric and family-focused chiropractic care to reiki, massage therapy and childbirth education. In addition, they have created health investment plans to help the underinsured and non-insured continue to receive affordable chiropractic care for their families.
Fed up with a health care industry that was no longer about the health and well being of patients themselves, in 2012 the couple decided to expand their operations and open a new office in Portsmouth – where they feel confident the region’s health-conscious, green-leaning public would be receptive to their brand of family chiropractic care.
But what truly sets Healing Hands apart from others in the industry is in their uniquely egalitarian financial model, inspired in a large part by a similar program spearheaded by the People’s Organization for Community Acupuncture (POCA). Instead of dealing with the evermore-confounding insurance companies and their endless red tape, reduced coverage for chiropractic care, and skyrocketing deductibles, the Carusos have instead chosen to charge patients on a sliding scale. But not just any sliding scale – instead, they will soon become the first chiropractic office in New England to institute a “pay what you can” model (from $20-$40, and without income verification). Not only will such a system give their valued patients the financial breathing room necessary to achieve their visions of improved health and wellness; it will also help establish a bond of patient-doctor trust so often lacking in today’s increasingly depersonalized medical world.
Indeed, Healing Hands’ new Portsmouth space is poised to become a model of what 21st century health care could look like; with health seminars, workshops, meditation sessions, charitable initiatives, and documentary movie showings all slated to be part of the business’ dynamic, community-oriented program. Add to that a self-serve “invisible receptionist” to process your information, payment drop box, credit-card billing option, and 24-hour online self-booking appointment service, what you end up with is a health and wellness center that truly puts the power of personal health back in the hands of the individual.Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Transitioning to a more paperless office
- New "invisible receptionist" processes information without the exhaustive resources
- Patients can now book an appointment online
- Workshops to promote healthier lifestyles -- the "sustainability of the individual"
- Affordable pay scale means more money for green purchases
In the News
- Healing Hands support local business, offers Mother’s Day deals
- Healing Hands Supports Local Business, Offers Mother’s Day Deals
- One Chiropractor’s Harrowing, Hopeful Journey
- New Chiropractic Office Offers Sliding-Scale Fees
- Healing Hands Holiday Health Tips
- Environment Plays Huge Role on Health
- Environment Plays Huge Role in Health
- Chiropractic Wellness Clinic Opens in Portsmouth
- 5 Green Tips from Healing Hands Community Chiropractic