After years working in another sustainability-minded industry – Organic Lawncare -- Johnmark O’Brien decided to stake out some green turf of his own and launched Green Maids in 2009.
Green Maids is a residential and commercial green cleaning company that services Southern Maine and the New Hampshire Seacoast. Green Maids’ goal is to provide a superior clean and excellent customer service while using today’s most eco-friendly products and methods. All the products they use are guaranteed to be all-natural, biodegradable, earth friendly, non-toxic and safe for your home or office.
Not only are the products and methods used by Green Maids totally green, but their commute is as well. O’Brien recently purchased a Toyota Prius for his crew’s day to day travels and plans on adding more of the hybrid vehicles as he expands his workforce.
Going forward, O’Brien is excited to be involved with the Green Alliance and its commitment to bringing green business and consumers together.
“Whether you recycle, compost, use a green cleaning service or build an entire green house, every little bit counts. “ says O’Brien. “If you recycle one bottle that you wouldn’t have otherwise, extrapolate that out to everyone and you figure that’s billions of bottles recycled each year. Obviously some people are going to do more and others won’t do it at all, but the point is that if everyone does something, it makes a difference.”
Check out Green Maids on Facebook!
What makes us green?
- Uses all green, natural products that are safe for the home and family
- Proudly uses products that are EPA or Green Seal certified
- Company commuter vehicle is a Toyota Prius Hybrid
- All paperwork done on recycled paper
In the News
- Stonyfield Goes the Extra Mile at Earth Day 5k
- Spring Cleaning Caution: When "Keep Out of Reach of Children" Isn't Enough
- Seacoast Home & Garden Show Has a Green Focus
- Seacoast Gardening Club on the Cutting Edge of Sustainability
- One Warm Day
- One Warm Day
- Meet a Green Alliance Business: Green Maids
- Local green economy on the rise in spite of economic challenges
- Local green businesses partner for April 15 beach cleanup
- Local Businesses, Community Celebrate Earth Day By Giving Back To Seacoast
- Green Maids’ business blossoms as brand becomes known
- Green Maids Focuses on Improving Health with Safe and Eco-Friendly Cleaning Service
- Green Collar Careers: Johnmark O’Brien of Green Maids
- Green Collar Careers: Green Maids Owner, Johnmark O’Brien
- Green Collar Careers: Green Maids Owner, Johnmark O'Brien
- Green Collar Careers: Green Maids Owner Johnmark O'Brien
- Gift-Giving ROI: It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box by Shopping Local and Green This Holiday Season.
- Gift-Giving ROI: It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box by Shopping Local and Green
- Cleaning Caution: When "Keep Out of Reach of Children" Isn't Enough
- Cleaning business keeps homes clean and eco-friendly
- Ask the Experts: Cleaning Services
- '5 Green Tips' from Green Maids