After years working in another sustainability-minded industry – Organic Lawncare -- Johnmark O’Brien decided to stake out some green turf of his own and launched Green Maids in 2009.
Green Maids is a residential and commercial green cleaning company that services Southern Maine and the New Hampshire Seacoast. Green Maids’ goal is to provide a superior clean and excellent customer service while using today’s most eco-friendly products and methods. All the products they use are guaranteed to be all-natural, biodegradable, earth friendly, non-toxic and safe for your home or office.
Not only are the products and methods used by Green Maids totally green, but their commute is as well. O’Brien recently purchased a Toyota Prius for his crew’s day to day travels and plans on adding more of the hybrid vehicles as he expands his workforce.
Going forward, O’Brien is excited to be involved with the Green Alliance and its commitment to bringing green business and consumers together.
“Whether you recycle, compost, use a green cleaning service or build an entire green house, every little bit counts. “ says O’Brien. “If you recycle one bottle that you wouldn’t have otherwise, extrapolate that out to everyone and you figure that’s billions of bottles recycled each year. Obviously some people are going to do more and others won’t do it at all, but the point is that if everyone does something, it makes a difference.”Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Uses all green, natural products that are safe for the home and family
- Proudly uses products that are EPA or Green Seal certified
- Company commuter vehicle is a Toyota Prius Hybrid
- All paperwork done on recycled paper
In the News
- Local green economy on the rise in spite of economic challenges
- Local Businesses, Community Celebrate Earth Day By Giving Back To Seacoast
- Local green businesses partner for April 15 beach cleanup
- Green Maids’ business blossoms as brand becomes known
- Cleaning business keeps homes clean and eco-friendly
- Ask the Experts: Cleaning Services
- '5 Green Tips' from Green Maids