Gateway Taiji, Qigong & Yoga
There’s a good reason why the ancient arts of taiji (tai chi), qigong (chee kung) and yoga have been practiced by millions of people throughout the world for many centuries. They help people feel better, move more freely, breathe easier and connect with their spiritual selves. They condition the body, improve circulation, develop energy and promote mindfulness – a powerful cocktail for health and wellbeing.
Gateway Taiji, Qigong and Yoga, which opened in October 2012, is a center for practicing and exploring these ancient arts. Its two large studios provide a spacious, sunlit, inviting environment for daily classes and special seminars. The founder, Bill Buckley, intends to create a welcoming, non-judgmental and fun atmosphere where people of all ages and fitness levels can explore, get fit and connect with other like-minded seekers.
Buckley, who has been practicing and teaching the martial arts and energy work for over 20 years, will offer introductory and advanced classes in Taiji and Qigong. Taiji is a powerful martial art with many levels and applications; it’s best known to westerners as a gentle, flowing dance-like form practiced daily by millions of people around the world. Qigong (chee kung) is best described as Chinese energy work. Based on the principles of acupuncture, Qigong teaches the practitioner to feel, develop and lead healing and restorative energy to the body’s organ systems and extremities...
Click here to read more on Gateway's unique approach and green initiatives!
What makes us green?
- New Islangton Street space to feature significant energy efficiency upgrades
- Replaced original concrete and asphalt roof with efficiently insulated light-weight foam
- Walls have been filled with state of the art foam insulation
- All lights in the studio are LED
- Plans to install solar energy system by early next year
In the News
- Success Yields "Gateway" to Solar
- GateWay - Out With the Old, In With the New
- Fighting the Holi-daze
- GateWay’s Open House Attracts Many, Spreading Knowledge and Experience in Ancient Arts
- Green Tips from Gateway Taiji, Qigong & Yoga
- Gateway Taiji Qigong & Yoga Opens in Portsmouth
- Gateway Open House to Benefit SeniorNet
- Gateway offers path to better wellness
- Gateway builds personal energy in a green environment
- Free classes offered in Portsmouth for World Tai Chi and Qigong Day