Discount – Businesses can earn up to a 10% discount on their first eight weeks worth of purchases! Schedule a meeting with one of our experienced Sales Consultants to discuss how Favorite Foods can help your foodservice establishment to become more successful!
Dollar Discount – Businesses can save hundreds of dollars!
29 Interstate Drive, Somersworth, NH 03878(603) firstname.lastname@example.org://www.favoritefoods.com
Favorite Foods is the region’s premier independent food distribution company and has, over the last 25 years, built their reputation on quality products, top-notch customer service, and a growing emphasis on locally owned restaurants and businesses.
Launched by the brothers Chris and Jeff Barstow in 1978 with little more than “a van and a plan,” Favorite Foods offers everything from smallwares, paper products and cleaning chemicals to dry groceries, meats, dairy products, and frozen goods. Additionally, the company provides comprehensive consultation on everything from restaurant and menu design to customer tastes, costing, and business development strategies.
Moreover, their client list runs the gamut from public institutions to markets and restaurants, and includes over 20 NH School Districts, Jumpin Jack’s Java, Roundabout Diner, Phillbrick’s Fresh Market, as well as fellow Green Alliance Business Partners Robert’s Maine Grill, Bob’s Clam Hut, and Isles of Shoals Steamship Company.
Their commitment to local is so earnest, in fact, that the company turned down an appeal from national chain Applebee’s to become the secondary distributor for their Dover chain. Company President at the time, Jeff Barstow even took to turning his staunch reply into an advertisement for local publications, wherein he reiterates Favorite Foods’ commitment to only serving community built, run, and focused businesses. If that’s not showing a commitment to local, we don’t know what is!...Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- All trucks outfitted with biodiesel engines
- Recycles all plastic and cardboard, which has reduced dump waste by about 75%
- Upgraded all lighting to more efficient and motion sensor lighting
- Installed the largest roof mounted solar array in New Hampshire
- Uses outside air to cool down loading docks and cooler (when the temperature and humidity are within certain ranges), effectively shutting down refrigeration compressors and evaporators.
- Installed controls on refrigeration system, resulting in about 70% fewer defrost cycles and running evaporator fans more efficiently, having a huge impact on its electric consumption.
- Helps support local, independently run schools, markets, restaurants and other businesses
- Local distribution makes carbon footprint significantly lower than national competitors
- Favorite Independent Restaurant Association (FIRA) incentivizes patronizing locally owned restaurants
Read Full Evaluation »
In the News
- Favorite Foods’ recipe for success
- Somersworth food distributor turns solar power into refrigeration system
- Revolution Energy installs 572-panel solar PV system on Favorite Foods distribution facility
- Professional Women’s Networking Event
- Power plug Sen. Shaheen touts energy conservation in Somersworth visit
- Myers Named COO at Favorite Foods
- Meet a Green Alliance Business: Favorite Foods
- Local Loyalty: When Put To The Test, A Company Takes A Stand
- Local Company Helps Independent Restaurants, and Their Customers, Avoid a Landfill Legacy
- Green Tips: Favorite Foods
- Green Collar Careers: Julie Cole, Vice President of Merchandising at Favorite Foods
- Green Collar Careers: Julie Cole of Favorite Foods
- Favorite Foods' Local Stance Rings True Eight Years Later
- Favorite Foods Vendor Audit Tests 'Sustainability' Values
- Favorite Foods Named Distributor of the Year
- Favorite Foods goes solar in big way
- Favorite Foods Conducts Vendor Audit to Align with Sustainability Standards
- Favorite Food exec Barstow: Beat the 'monsters' with service
- Business to Tout State’s Largest Roof-Mounted Solar Array
- Avoiding A Landfill Legacy