Discount – Businesses can earn up to a 10% discount on their first eight weeks worth of purchases! Schedule a meeting with one of our experienced Sales Consultants to discuss how Favorite Foods can help your foodservice establishment to become more successful!
Dollar Discount – Businesses can save hundreds of dollars!
29 Interstate Drive, Somersworth, NH 03878(603) firstname.lastname@example.org://www.favoritefoods.com
In an era where Sysco and other conglomerates have come to dominate the food distribution industry, the Somersworth-based Favorite Foods is determined to buck the trend. As the region’s premier independent food distribution company, Favorite Foods has over the last 25 years built their reputation on quality products, top-notch customer service, and a growing emphasis on locally owned restaurants and businesses.
Launched by the brothers Chris and Jeff Barstow in 1978 with little more than “a van and a plan,” Favorite Foods offers everything from smallwares, paper products and cleaning chemicals to dry groceries, meats, dairy products, and frozen goods. Additionally, the company provides comprehensive consultation on everything from restaurant and menu design to customer tastes, costing, and business development strategies.
Moreover, their client list runs the gamut from public institutions to markets and restaurants, and includes over 20 NH School Districts, Jumpin Jack’s Java, Roundabout Diner, Phillbrick’s Fresh Market, as well as fellow Green Alliance Business Partners Robert’s Maine Grill, Bob’s Clam Hut, and Isles of Shoals Steamship Company.
Their commitment to local is so earnest, in fact, that the company turned down an appeal from national chain Applebee’s to become the secondary distributor for their Dover chain. Company President at the time, Jeff Barstow even took to turning his staunch reply into an advertisement for local publications, wherein he reiterates Favorite Foods’ commitment to only serving community built, run, and focused businesses. If that’s not showing a commitment to local, we don’t know what is!...Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- Helps support local, independently run schools, markets, restaurants and other businesses
- Local distribution makes carbon footprint significantly lower than national competitors
- Favorite Independent Restaurant Association (FIRA) incentivizes patronizing locally owned restaurants
In the News
- Green Collar Careers: Julie Cole of Favorite Foods
- Green Collar Careers: Julie Cole, Vice President of Merchandising at Favorite Foods
- Favorite Foods Named Distributor of the Year
- Meet a Green Alliance Business: Favorite Foods
- Professional Women’s Networking Event
- Somersworth food distributor turns solar power into refrigeration system
- Revolution Energy installs 572-panel solar PV system on Favorite Foods distribution facility
- Power plug Sen. Shaheen touts energy conservation in Somersworth visit
- Myers Named COO at Favorite Foods
- Local Loyalty: When Put To The Test, A Company Takes A Stand
- Green Tips: Favorite Foods
- Favorite Foods' Local Stance Rings True Eight Years Later
- Favorite Foods Vendor Audit Tests 'Sustainability' Values
- Favorite Foods goes solar in big way
- Favorite Foods Conducts Vendor Audit to Align with Sustainability Standards
- Favorite Food exec Barstow: Beat the 'monsters' with service
- Business to Tout State’s Largest Roof-Mounted Solar Array