Cornerstone Tree Care
Discount – Through May 31st get Cornerstone's locally produced, organic, and composted black mulch for only $30 a yard! Also, a one-time discount of 10% off any tree job!
Dollar Discount – save $100!
284 Richards Ave. Portsmouth, NHOffice 603.436.8733; cell phone 603-396-3200Micum@cornerstonetree.comhttp://www.cornerstonetree.com
When Micum Davis, owner of Cornerstone Tree Care says, "I speak for the trees," he means it. It’s not some empty sentiment that harkens to Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax; it’s an applied business strategy. It's rare that anyone in the tree business would tell a customer requesting wholesale tree removal that some of those trees could and should remain, but that is just what Cornerstone does. They strive to work within the natural confines of the yard to give a customer the service that the trees themselves might want.
Utilizing a climbing method learned from Northeast Shade Tree, Davis uses rope and a series of knots to secure himself in the tree on self belay. From a specific tie-in point he can work through the tree without damaging its very sensitive bark. Davis admits that although many companies are doing it right, some are still spiking-up trees, leaving wounds that can eventually kill the tree. Cornerstone’s chain lubricants are biodegradable, resulting in what is usually a toxic, petroleum-based material safely returning back to the earth.Read Full Green Story »
What makes us green?
- No spikes are worn during belaying process
- Chain lubricants are biodegradable; 91% of what is usually a highly toxic material, safely returning back to the earth within 14 days.
- Davis travels efficient and mindfully to all tree analysis sites in his Prius hybrid
- No-idling policy for all trucks and equipment on every job
- All diesel equipment runs on biodiesel, running high blends in the warm months
- Base operation uses no electricity; office is an old mobile trailer with windows that uses natural lighting and is not outfitted with electrical outlets
- Composts processes and recycles nearly all of their tree waste into lumber, firewood or landscape mulch
- Cornerstone’s “homemade” mulch is delivered by an '87 Chevy dump truck that also runs on biodiesel.
- Most work done within a 20 mile Seacoast radius; Cornerstone is a proud member of Seacoast Buy Local.
- Cornerstone employees paid for 4 full work days a year, to work pro bono on community tree projects.
- Stays educated about the most efficient equipment and most sustainable methods of tree pruning and removal, integrating new techniques when possible.
- Using a 2-cycle gasoline oil mix created from waste tallow, which reduces toxic pollutants by 48%
In the News
- Winter Pruning Helps Protect Trees Facing New Threats
- Wage Sustainable Fight Against Ticks and Pests
- Volunteers give trees TLC
- Tree damage 'minimal'
- Tree Companies to Go Out on a Limb for Arbor Day
- Tree companies helping Fort foster for Arbor Day
- Sunday Herald Showcases Green Expo
- Green Tips from Cornerstone Tree Care
- Green on white Firms tackle winter clean-up without sacrificing environment
- Green Expo featured in the Portsmouth Herald
- Green Businesses Partner with Renewable Energy Non-Profit to promote Clean Energy and Local Agriculture
- Green Alliance Hits the Century Mark
- Green Alliance Businesses donate time and services on Arbor Day
- GA BPs Suntree and Cornerstone featured in the Wire
- Cornerstone's Micum Davis helps bid adieu to South Church tree
- Cornerstone Treecare joins fight against nitrogen pollution in Great Bay
- Cornerstone Tree Care Helps Replant Brazil's Endangered Atlantic Forest
- Contractors, landscapers report modest damage from Sandy
- Congrats to Cornerstone Tree Care!
- Community says a goodbye as South Church cuts tree
- City's maples get makeover by Arbor Day volunteers
- Arborists plan Portsmouth celebration for Arbor Day