Conservation Law Foundation
Discount – GA members who become CLF members for $75 can receive their choice of a sustainability-related book autographed by the author! (Click on the link below the Green Story to join CLF using your Green Card!)
Dollar Discount – Save $20-$30 on your choice of green-themed books!
27 North Main Street, Concord, NH email@example.com://www.clf.org
Since 1966, the Conservation Law Foundation has been working for healthy communities and a clean environment throughout New England. Using a combination of law, science, and the marketplace, CLF seeks to identify and implement practical solutions to the region’s most pressing environmental problems. Renowned for its work to ban oil drilling in Georges Bank, off the Gulf of Maine, CLF stands today as a beacon of environmental stewardship. In 1977, the organization helped prevent the construction of a four-lane divided highway through Franconia Notch; in 1983, it successfully made the economic case that led to the abandonment of a second unit at the Seabrook nuclear plant.
CLF launched its New Hampshire office, located in Concord, in 1997. Since then, the New Hampshire team has undertaken ambitious campaigns to help protect the Granite State’s most treasured natural resources, including the Seacoast’s Great Bay estuary, where they’ve invoked the Clean Water Act to help stave off nutrient pollution which threatens to jeopardize a pillar of the Seacoast’s cultural – and economic – heritage, and where, in 2012, they launched their Great Bay-Piscataqua Waterkeeper program. They’ve also worked to shut down New Hampshire’s costly and environmentally devastating coal plants, while advocating on behalf of a clean, renewable energy revolution throughout New England.
CLF understands the economic and environmental risks and dangers to New Hampshire – and New England as a whole – posed by climate change. Already the state is seeing more severe storms, altered growing seasons, and stresses on native wildlife species. By educating the public and serving as a go-to resource for effective solutions, CLF is actively seeking strategies to help reduce greenhouse gas pollution, while helping assure that New England remains a great place to live, work, and play.
Click here to join CLF using your Green Card to receive a FREE autographed book!
What makes us green?
- Has worked tirelessly since 1966 to protect New England’s environmental heritage
- Established the Great Bay-Piscataqua Waterkeeper program
- Is fighting to transition New Hampshire away from toxic, dirty, and costly coal-fired power plants like Schiller Station
- Educates the public about how climate change is affecting our regional environment
- Helped prevent a four-lane highway from being run through Franconia Notch
In the News
- Rescue Great Bay from pollution, politics
- Ratepayers Subsidizing PSNH's Addiction to Coal
- New Law Aids Oyster Farming in Great Bay
- New Coalition Enters Great Bay Battle
- Green Families Club Announces Fall Field Trip Schedule
- Glacial Energy and CLF on today's WSAC Environment Radio Show
- Conservation Law Foundation, Leading Advocate for Protection of New England’s Environment, Joins Green Alliance
- Conservation Law Foundation Joins Green Alliance
- Coalition Forms to Protect Great Bay
- Advocates: Tactics hurting Great Bay