900 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria
There are many reasons for why three in five restaurants fail within five years of throwing open the doors: overly ambitious business plans, tough competition, lack of a coherent marketing strategy. The list goes on.
More often than not, however, it’s the daily margins – how much you’re making on every burger, salad, or sundae – that prove the impossible puzzle. So it shouldn’t surprise anyone that going green out of the gate is seen by many a restaurateur as a dangerous luxury, a way to all but guarantee a quick-ticking clock to broke and belly up.
Priscilla Lane-Rondeau never bought into that false equivalency, and her business – Manchester’s famed 900 Degrees Neopolitan Pizzeria, which opened a second location in Epping last winter – is about to go to the next level because of it.
“It’s not like I’m alone on this – customers really do want it,” Lane-Rondeau exclaims. “People go out of their way to tell us how supportive they are of our practices. I even had one woman call me and ask whether any of our ingredients used GMOs. I appreciate that. People are coming here because it’s a green restaurant – because it’s the right thing to do.”
Check out 900 Degrees on Facebook!
What makes us green?
- Sources local, organic ingredients when and where possible
- LED and motion sensors lighting throughout the restaurant
- Paints and finishes all low-VOC
- Named "Green Champion" by New Hampshire Lodging and Restaurant Program
- Recipient of 2012 "Green Pledge" decal from Greater Manchster Chamber of Commerce
- Offer guests water on request only
- Low-flow kitchen appliances
- Comprehensive recycling program
- Recycled paper throughout the premises
- Green-certified cleaning products
- Reduced waste by over 50% since opening
- Communicated with vendors to green delivery packaging
- 8 of 24 wine offerings are organic
In the News
- 900 Degrees cranks up the heat on sustainability
- 900 Degrees of Giving Back to the Community
- Green Collar Careers: Priscilla Lane-Rondeau, 900 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria
- 900 Degrees Makes Sustainability Work
- Meet a green business: 900 Degrees Neopolitan Pizzeria
- Local Restaurant Moves to Environmentally-friendly Cleaning Products
- Local Painting Company Leads Green Revolution
- Kids Eat Right Presentation to Raise Awareness of Hunger in Our Community
- Keep It in the Family
- Hit the (Eco-Friendly) Decks
- Green Collar Careers: 900 Degrees Pizzeria Owner Priscilla Lane-Rondeau
- Gift-Giving ROI: It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box by Shopping Local and Green This Holiday Season.
- Gift-Giving ROI: It Pays to Think Outside the (Holiday) Box by Shopping Local and Green
- For 900 Degrees, green makes the margins
- Dining Out: Good Neopolitan pizza at 900 Degrees
- 900 Degrees Pizzeria Is Sustainably Delicious
- 900 Degrees Pizzeria Gets Clean while Staying Green
- 900 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria Featured on the Phantom Gourmet